We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which country you are from, to more complex things like how you voted on specific issues.
Information is collected in two ways:
- Information we get from you. For example, in order to become a FanManager, we require you to sign up for a Fan-Manager.com account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you view and interact with our content or ads. This information includes:
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Fan-Manager.com may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
When you use our website or view content provided by Fan-Manager.com, we may automatically collect and store certain information inserver logs. This may include:
- Details of how you used our voting platform, such as details of your votes.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit Fan-Manager.com, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
More information about the cookies, including how to manage or delete them, you can find on www.aboutcookies.org.
Use of information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Fan-Manager.com and our users.
When you contact Fan-Manager.com, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our content appear in the language you prefer.
Fan-Manager.com may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Fan-Manager.com, unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent - We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Fan-Manager.com when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons - We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Fan-Manager.com, if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Fan-Manager.com, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Fan-Manager.com employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.